7 Tips for Good Gut Health
Let's face it - the holidays were tough on our bodies... and our digestive systems. Together, the stress of the season (which tends to slow the digestive system), combined with activities and travel (can we say germs!), layered by excess amounts of indulgent food and alcohol (a digestive nightmare!) can take a serious toll on our gut health.
Your gut is the foundation of your health. When your gut is healthy, it's likely that your entire body is healthy. From your digestive system to your immune system, your gut supplies your body with a foundation of full-body health that's worth taking care of. For optimal health, incorporating a daily probiotic like Just Thrive Probiotic & Antioxidant can help sustain your body's wellness...even when the holiday partying runs late into the night.
Here are 7 Tips for Good Gut Health During the Holidays
so you can feel your best...
1) Pack healthy snacks.
When traveling, be sure to pack nutritious, on-the-go snack foods like nuts, veggies, and whole fruit. But don't hurry when you eat! Eating quickly can cause gas, indigestion and bloating. Remember: Eat "on the go" not "in a hurry"...of course, if you find yourself going fast, taking a probiotic like Just Thrive Probiotic helps to support your digestive system and minimize negative side effects.on your body.
2) Hydrate. And by that, we mean DRINK ENOUGH WATER! From the moment you wake, drink water. When you start to feel those hunger pains set in, drink water. When you've had too much to drink, drink water. If water is tough for you to drink, add in a lemon or lime wedge, watermelon cubes, or an assortment of berries (squeeze a few in for added flavor). And if exercise is part of your routine - like many of us trying to get in those last few workouts before the ball drops - more water is essential to replace what you sweat out. Water helps keep your digestive system well-lubricated and moving, helping you to avoid constipation from dehydration and stress.
3) Slow down and don't overdo it. Your body and gut like predictability. From errands to eating, when we slow down to really enjoy who we're with, what we're doing, and what we're eating, we are less likely to overdo it. Overeating or drinking too much alcohol this season can create stomach distress, causing your gut to become imbalanced and upset. If you're tempted to stray from your healthy lifestyle, remember that it may be harder to bounce back once the New Year rolls around...precisely the moment when you're resolutions are timed to kick in. Be sure to include Just Thrive Probiotic to help your body stay regulated and balanced, even on the days you're a little 'off'.
4) Bring your own food to the party.
Most holiday celebrations are centered around - you guessed it - food! Unless you're the one hosting, you likely won't have much say over what's being served. While you might not be able to convince your family to leave out certain ingredients that you may be sensitive to, but you can bring a dish that you love and that you know you can eat. Also, be consciously aware of your "temptation foods" and steer clear of them. Instead, head to the veggie tray - your body and your gut will thank you!
5) Schedule in some "me" time.
Whether it's hitting the gym, getting a massage, or simply taking an hour walk every morning..."me time" is essential. Try to incorporate deep breathing techniques during your "me time" - it can do wonders for mental and digestive health, helping to alleviate the negative effects that stress has on the digestive system, including acid reflux, gas and stomach cramps. No matter what your "me time" entails, be sure to get some. Balance is a key component to maintaining a less stressful and a more healthy lifestyle.
6) Get good sleep - and be consistent!
How many times can we hear it before we realize it's true: SLEEP IS ESSENTIAL! SO don't feel bad when you leave early from a holiday party. Lack of sleep leads to lack of focus, decreased overall functionality (like clumsiness), and it's harder on our digestive systems. When you sleep, your body has a chance to reset itself. Without sleep, you end up spinning your wheels. Eight hours is the recommended amount for a reason...try it for even three nights and see how much more happy, relaxed and healthy YOU feel!
7) Last, and CERTAINLY not least: Take a daily Just Thrive Probiotic. And don't forget your probiotic! Just Thrive Probiotic & Antioxidant helps to re-seed your gut, essentially helping to remove the impurities (bad bacteria) so that the good stuff (good gut bacteria) can flourish. That means the holiday season stress and overindulgence can have less of an impact you and your body is thriving with Just Thrive! Not only that, but the winter months are the prime cold and flu season. You can support your immune system - whether you're traveling or staying home - when you take Just Thrive Probiotic & Antioxidant, your body will stay stronger and healthier, overall!
With these 7 tips in mind, you will be on your way to great gut health throughout the holiday season...and a happy gut going into the New Year!
Watch the video below and learn how Just Thrive can help you supercharge your health!
|Printable Version||E-mail a Friend|